Monday, January 19, 2009

what do you normally think of before you sleep?

back then when i was in secondary school, almost each night before i sleep, i would conscientiously take the effort to ask myself, "what have i learned today?" i thought about what i did in the classroom and back at home. I vividly remembered the words of Ms Chia(my-then english teacher) in how she helped and encouraged me in more ways than one. This conscious effort in which i inculcated somehow made me stronger and wiser while i was panicking in the examination hall in my finals.

now, almost each night before i sleep, i would naturally ask myself, "what happened today?" sometimes i would chuckle myself in bed thinking about the lame jokes that my dad told us, ; like his own interpretations of buangkok, sometimes i would cry to sleep just thinking about the movie i just watched-'seven pounds' and sometimes i would smile in the kind gesture of that stranger who helped that blind man in the mrt. afterwhich, i would think of how lovely my family is, when we have birthday celebrations, hari raya and all sorts of wonderful gatherings. and then, i asked myself, "what will happen tomorrow?" that's when it gets scary and stormy and dark. of course we would all like to look on the bright side and think only positively. but when a dear friend of mine experienced a family tragedy last december, it never fails to haunt me till today. i cannot imagine any of the unfortunate events happening to my loved ones because they are too precious to me. it's something beyond any of our control and nothing much we can do about it. however, given a choice, its good to give something with all that we can within our control *hugs. i hope she's doing fine, as well as her family.

The movie, "seven pounds" impacted me deep because if not for that movie, i wouldn't feel this way and wailed buckets&buckets in the cinema.
Will Smith is such an awesome actor and Seven Pounds was very very impactful. I should stop crying now as tomorrow brings a new day and new breathe of fresh air.*hugs

No comments: